2.09.2009

But at the end of the day you know...

I've become this catatonic shell of a person. Logically I know that Stanley was just a dog, but to me he was so much more. He was the keeper of my secrets, my hopes, my dreams, and he never judged me. For 14 years, he was my partner in crime, my best friend, my shoulder to lean on, someone I could love with my whole heart. And in an instant he was gone, no one last goodbye cuddle, kiss, bark, sneeze, fart, or tail wag. I feel like this huge chunk of me is gone, and I don't know how to piece myself back together. I knew no matter what happened, Stanley would always be there for me, and now I don't have that safety net. Sure I have friends, but friends judge, even when they don't mean to, it is after all human nature.

RIP Stanley
2/8/09

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cait Platt. I'm so sorry for your lose baby girl. I know how much he meant to know, and I know how upset and devastated I'd be if my little monster passed away. I just want you to know that even though I am hundreds of miles away from you right now, I'll always be here for you if you need me. Just give me a text or a call. I can't guarantee I'll wake up from my sleep to answer, hahaha, but I'll try my very best. I love you much girlie.