4.26.2007

Aerosmith sang Welcome To the Jungle, Right?

Obviously I know that my title is not right. Anyone with half a brain knows that, or so I thought. One of my friends proved me wrong though the other day. I was playing one of my CDs, and Welcome to the Jungle started. My friends and I started commenting on how great the song is even if it is over played. Jill, that's what I'm calling her, chimed in saying how "amazing Steven Tyler's voice sounds". With that I hit the breaks, and slammed the stearing wheel with my hands.
"What the fuck are you talking about?"
"What? I can't like Aerosmith?"
"Of course you can, but this isn't Aerosmith!"
"Oh, well I can't tell them and AC/DC apart"
"That's sad, and this isn't AC/DC. It's GNR!"
"Oooh"
After some time passed, a new song began to play. (Wow, I can't believe I just said that. Duh, that's usually what happens when playing a CD.) This time it's Machinehead by Bush. Once again, Jill chimes in,
"Oooh, I just love Nirvana!"

"Jill, what the fuck is wrong with you? This isn't Nirvana! It's Bush!"
"Like our President?"
"Ummm, no how about you just shut up?"
For the rest of the trip, she remained silent, and we listened to the music sans questions.

But the point of this is, who lets these people live? I thought it was a basic law to know this stuff. Is it hard? NO! Am I demanding to much? I hope not!

So please, if you cannot figure out who sang classic songs, please don't reproduce.

Until later,
C

No comments: