6.08.2008

Do you need anybody?

I am quite bored of life right now. I am 18 and already part of corporate America. What's next for me? A house in the suburbs with a white picket fence, a minivan with a bumper sticker bragging about how smart my honor roll student is, 1.5 kids that could do no wrong (except exit my womb as a half child), and a husband who brings home the bacon so I can fry it up? None of that appeals to me. Sure, one day I'd like to settle down, but at this point why the fuck would I want to? So many of my friends are engaged, settling down, and becoming real adults. What the hell happened to embracing our independence, running free, and having fun? You're going to give that up for a mortgage, joint checking accounts, and a chance of the out dated American dream? I don't really know what brought on this rant, but I needed to say this. It makes me feel sad and pathetic that I'm so jaded at 18, but I guess that's the world we live in. Gone are the days of simplicity now we must conquer the world and then some.

God I hope I don't get sucked in....

No comments: