5.04.2008

What, what (in the butt)

I'm sorry, I took roughly 3 weeks off because I was out having a life beside that on my laptop. It was fun, saw Zipperface and Wacky Hijinks four times each. I got drunk for the second time this year, that was interesting. Oh and I saw The Effect perform on their "Bigger Than The Beatles Tour", which is only called that because they have 5 members... hahaha.

This hasn't been done in a while, so I figured I should review another movie, and this time it won't be so crappy! I saw Iron Man opening night, and that's what you get to read about if you choose to continue, if not skip down 2 paragraph's to finish this entry.....

I'm not a big comic book nerd, but I like to watch the movies, and from time to time I would pick up a copy of the comics or watch the cartoon of whatever. I hate to admit it but I've seen all the Batman movies, and the Superman movies too, but Iron Man has to be my hands down favorite comic book movie. Everything from the casting to the script was perfect.

Robert Downey, Jr. was picture perfect as this suave playboy who also happened to be a genius at math and computers. His assistant, Pepper Potts, was Gwyneth Paltrow, possibly the only movie I have ever truly liked her in. Jeff "The Dude" Bridges was Obadiah Stane, the perfect foil to Downey Jr.'s Tony Stark. I don't really want to say much more because I don't want to ruin it. Iron Man is a movie that is totally worth spending $9 to see shit explode and robots kicking ass.

Finals are coming up and I'm a bit nervous, I've favored fun adventures over going to class and studying. In between is the CAPPIES and hopefully some sleep. Although the way my life has been the past few weeks, sleep has become a pipe dream.

Mooooooo. Alright, off to study so I might be able to pass this semester...

No comments: