5.27.2007

DTS for MDW

Every year, like clock work, the denizens of New Jersey flock south for Memorial Day Weekend. This year it was no different. At 12:05 Thursday afternoon, the senior parking lot cleared out. Only a handful remained in school. By Friday, only underclassmen were left in the hell hole known as High School.
By passing the first few beaches, high school kids and college kids head straight for the promised land, Seaside. The grossest, Guido infested beach you will ever see is Seaside. In its heyday, it was an amazing place, but it has since fallen. Sirens can be heard at all hours of the day, as well as drunken brawls and shouts.
Because of this, many have opted to travel even further south, Wildwood. Formerly stuck in the 1950's, Wildwood is currently resurfacing as the new place to be. With fewer people willing to make the drive, its almost guaranteed that there will be few people you know. The down side, there aren't as many clubs and the cops are a little stricter because its stil a "family place".
For me, Wildwood has always been associated with happy memories, until this year. Where we stay is kinda, let me try to put this nicely, a little out of most people in our area's price range. Or so we though...
Upon my arrival to Wildwood, I have encountered so many people I know, I really don't want to come back next year. My vacation time is to get away from those people, and they are right in my backyard, again! Never have I been against their ways, but it does get tiring. I don't drink, smoke, or use drugs; I'm always the odd man out. I happen to like it like that too, because so many of them I just don't like. But to be on vacation and have to see them? That's just not fair!
What happened to the good old times of the 3 Bs? Baseball, BBQ, and Backyard Parties? Its now turned into a giant drunkfest.
Its no longer fun. Its no longer about being thankful for the men and women who risked their lives in war for us. Its become a competition to be the tannest, drunkest, sluttiest one out on the beach. How could we forget, about these people who are fighting and who have fought, so quickly?

No comments: