5.07.2007

Not for Sale

So yesterday I went for my freshman course selection at Rutgers. I had the time of my life doing the most boring useless stuff. We sat around in giant lecture halls listening to all of these Deans talk about us picking classes, planning our lives, and basicly scaring the crap out of us. But in the middle of all of this, we were dragged outside for lunch. I was fully expecting to have 20 minutes of freedom, but we had over 2hours to hang out in the quad with all of the upper-classmen. They played games with us, answered any of our questions, and were are proverbial North Stars. Any fear that I had was immediatly put at ease by them, it was the greatest feeling in the world.
Now, I've known for a while that I can't wait to get out of high school, but this was just the frosting on the cake. Never have I felt more welcome in my life.
I've gone four years sticking out like a sore thumb. But here, I felt like I fit. I've never felt better.
But at the risk of sounding like a loon, I'm gonna end this and leave you with what my mother said:
"You've spent the last four years selling yourself, go have fun."
I've never laughed so hard in my life.....

No comments: