4.09.2008

Say no more, mon amour, lips for kissing, baby je t'adore!

An open letter to Facebook.

My dearest time waster,

For the past few months you have helped me expand my social horizons and stunt my human interactions in one fell swoop. While it is a bittersweet situation, I never once complain, however, "In the immortal words of The Doors, 'The time to hesitate is through."," and I there for find it necessary to complain my fair weather friend.

You see, you try hard to improve yourself, allow me to block those annoying applications like Knighthood and what not. You're also very kind and let me hide things from the Stalker Feed. But, Facebook, you do fall short in the friendship department.

The newest feature, of you searching for common links between myself and people I am not friends with is a bit annoying. Most of the time I don't know these people, and the rest of the time, I don't want to be friends with these people. There was a good reason I didn't have them as my friend already, I never want to see their sorry asses again. I went through insert approprate number here years of school with them, and didn't like them then. Why would I like them now?!

Granted, you could never guess that I do not like these people, because after all you are just a programed page, but make it go away. I don't need to find these people.

So please, Facebook, do you see where I'm coming from? I don't need more friends, I'm good the way I am, hidden from the people I never want to see again.

See you soon,
Cait


**Side note, Rangers kicked ass tonight. Let's hope we can keep our shit together long enough to win this series...

No comments: