7.14.2008

I wanna stay inside for good...

So its that wonderful time of year again. No, not Christmas in July, but the start of my hockey countdown. Last year this time, I was too lazy to update my blog, now I'm subjecting y'all to another rant on my favorite game.

Now, the Free Agency Trading opened up a few weeks ago, which basically means it is the second best time of the year (first is the actual season). It is our time to lay out our best offers to free agents all throughout the league. Sadly, it angers me too much to discuss the Collective Bargaining Agreement, so if you really give a rats ass, just click the link. Simply put, we get to weed out all the dead weight, I'm looking at you Jagr, Malik, and so on, while gaining fresh meat. Hopefully Glen Sather pulled his head out of his ass long enough to put together a team that functions properly, you know, shooting on the proper goal (ahemBackmanahem).

Another thing, I'm sure I've written about a Gordie Howe hat trick, if not read the link. Howe deserves this title, he took hockey to a whole new level, and it is depressing to see his game go down the toilet. The reason I reference the Gordie Howe hat trick is for who has reached this accomplishment. On December 20, 2007 the world ended when Cindy, sorry Sidney Crosby, dropped his gloves and actually fought. I'm not going to link Cindy's wiki page because it does not do him justice. He's touted as "The Next One", referring to Gretzky's nickname of "The Great One". When Cindy first came up, sure, he had a shot, but his past performances have displayed his less than desirable traits. Bitching about calls not being made, refusing to get physical against the boards, and just all around being a little prick about everything is the way he plays hockey. Sure, Gretzky was hardly ever hit, but he earned that right. In his early years, Gretzky played just like everyone else. Cindy needs to realize he needs to pay his dues before cashing in on the glory of being the greatest out there. Oh yeah and that's the other thing. Dude, keep your ego in check. Just because the media loves, doesn't mean you need to go around acting like your shit don't stink. Play the game, love the game, and everyone will love you. Instead you whine and complain when opposing cities don't welcome you with open arms, rather boo you and give you less than charming nicknames. Cindy had a chance to be an awesome player, but in my book he will always be remembered as a diva who didn't deserve any of the attention.

Now that I think half of you stopped reading 2 paragraphs ago, its time to revert back to the proper sports season, baseball. What a boring sport. I like it, but I consider "watching" the game reading about it in the papers the next day, or watching the highlights on SportsCenter. But tonight is the Home Run Derby, and in true fashion, I'm reading about it, not watching it. Currently Josh Hamilton from the Texas Rangers is at bat, and apparently he's amazing, my father's words not mine. To me, the Home Run Derby is a bit boring, and baseball pants aren't even tight enough to rate their butts. I really want Grady Sizemore to win, just because I've now seen him play live twice, while I was in Cleveland, and he is quite a player (Sorry if you have no idea what I'm talking about but I'm too lazy to link baseball pages.). He's stats are average, but to me he's a clutch player, coming through when they need him the most. Now if their fielding could pull it together along with their pitching, Cleveland would have quite a nice team.

But that's besides the point... Yay hockey!! Boo baseball!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

flyers

all the time