7.17.2008

There goes my hero, watch him as he goes...

Baseball is stupid. Honestly, I don't know why I watch it. People say that golf is a good walk spoiled, well baseball is a good game of catch spoiled. I try so very hard to watch it, but I end up getting aggravated. God, when will hockey and football start again?!

So, thanks to all my friends, I have quite a bit of music to listen to, but me, never being happy with what she has continued to ask people for more recommendations. I asked the cute boy at work what genres/bands he listens to most frequently. I didn't want to know his favorites, just most often heard through his speakers. He listed 3 or 4 genres and about 8 bands, and you know what? Not a single one of them surprised me. Its not like he's a stereotype, but I could totally see him listening to any one of the bands he said. Then I started to think about other bands people had listed for me. No surprises with Jon's list, or Sam's, or Matt's, or Kayla's, the only surprise was Holly, and that's because I just recently met her. But I started to wonder (yeah, yeah first I'm thinking now I'm wonder, I need to work on my writing skills a bit), how predictable are we. If I were to write down some of my favorite bands, would anyone be surprised? How correct or incorrect was Rob Gordon when he judged friends and girlfriends on their taste in music? Do our choices in music reflect our personalities or do our personalities reflect our choices in music? Or are they two totally separate things and I'm just going crazy?

1 comment:

Dubliner said...

'did i listen to pop music because i was miserable? or was i miserable because i listened to pop music?'--high fidelity

read it, love it.