7.31.2008

Ms Oh My God That Britney's Shameless

Earlier this evening, Jeff and I were discussing music. It started out as an argument about classic rock and slowly evolved into a discussion about music we listen to in our childhood. The top 3 artists that I can remember from my childhood were
1. Bruce Springsteen
2. Joan Jett
3. Nirvana

He informed me that my list was very random, but that was my childhood, a blue collar, Jersey bred rocker, a crazy little lesbian runaway, and a trio of boys that replaced hair metal. But the point of this post is not this music, its about the music that came after this period.

As I stated in a previous post, I was never into boy bands. I kinda missed that ship thanks to dance, but I did manage to jump on a different musical band wagon. The enigma known as Miss Britney Spears.

I dreamed of being like her, confident, self assured, and a kick ass performer. I followed her through the years, from school hall Lolita to red leather clad vixen to her flesh tone body suit with strategically place crystals. Britney was always crazy, but it worked for her. You never knew what she was going to do next.

It was disappointing when she hit rock bottom, but I now have faith in her return. I've seen her guest spots on How I Met Your Mother, and while she is not really acting, she can properly deliver a joke. After seeing these episodes, I googled her to see what would come up. Around 7 months ago, she released a music video, according to YouTube. So I'm a bit behind, I thought the video was awesome.
Check it out, unless, you know, you've already seen it because you're actively apart of a world outside of hockey and football highlights...

I hope that the pop princess can return to her throne, because I really do miss the old, slightly crazy Britney

No comments: