3.28.2008

And I'm all outta love, I'm so lost without you

The past two posts have been about hockey, and while I love hockey, I feel that I'm being a bit repetitive and I intend to do something about it. NEW TOPIC! (Side note: Rangers kicked Devils ass again, 7th time this season. Okay, I swear no more hockey.)

I watch too many movies. I really do, and the sad thing is, the list of movies that I want to see never seems to shrink. Its is this mutating phenomenon, I watch one and add 5 more. My biggest problem, I will watch almost anything. Dramas, comedies, documentaries, subtitle, low-budget, horror, billion dollar special effects, and really really crappy teen movies. But what I've decided is to review one movie a week. I really don't give a crap about what you think of it, and I know you probably don't care what I think, but at least its not hockey, right?

Alright so to kick this off, the most appropriate movie would be The Princess Bride. However, I already have an entire post about The Princess Bride and how much I love it, so another post would be quite unnecessary. I also want to review Mystery, Alaska, but alas, it is a hockey movie (waaaaaay better than Miracle. Less cheesy Disney moments, more off color and I'm-the-town-manwhore jokes.)

Now this is my blog, and they are my rules, so why not break them? Because this damn blog needs structure and I will not break the rules just to amuse you! So, unfortunately if you choose to continue reading, you will read my review 27 Dresses staring that really annoying chick from Knocked Up and Grey's Anatomy (??).

I'm blogging while I'm watching, so everything will be fresh in my mind.

Ten minutes in, and I'm seriously wonder where my chick flix loving chip has gone. I want to punch her, and although I love James Marsden, his character is such a typical male, its annoying. The plot is so thin, I already know what's going to happen. Mehhhhhhh. The blonde is a woman obsessed with weddings. She returns home from work, and reads the fucking wedding announcements section. Who cares? James Marsden wants to rip apart the institution of marriage. Whoa what a shock!

Twenty minutes through, Ed Burns walks in as her boss, who she's in love with. **Rolling my eyes**

You know what? I give up with this play by play. Its too predictable. Boy meet girl, they fall in love and don't realize it, they realize it, 2 minutes later they do something stupid to piss the other one off, then friend/coworker/family member steps in to show them that they really do care, they go back to each other and live happily ever after. The end. Now, I try to maintain my feelings, you know, keep them under control. And with this movie, it was hard to keep my gag reflexes in control. It was very cheesy, very predictable, and completely unoriginal, but it had weddings. One thing that is guaranteed make Cait cry event is weddings. I can't help but cry when people find true love and they expresses it through vowing to love only one person for the rest of their lives. So of course, the end of the movie made me cry. As horribly predictable as it was, the wedding was still a nice touch.

Sorry for anyone how was stupid enough to read this thinking that I was not going to write in spoilers. There was no way you could avoid them, this movie gave spoilers the entire time!

No comments: