3.04.2008

The cannons don't thunder, There's nothing to plunder...

I was born into the wrong generation. I'm throughly convinced that this is not my generation. I listen to way to a ton of older music, I enjoy older movies, and my values seem old fashioned. The first two examples aren't that important, but my values? I feel like I've spent too much time with my Grandmother when it comes to my values.

Now, don't get me wrong. I don't want us to (let's do the) time warp to sock-hops or anything like that. Men should be men, women should be women, common courtesy, and people should just be nicer. I'm not one to claim that I'm little Miss Perfect who loves and gets along with everyone (I leave that to Cassie). But shouldn't doors be held open, seats be given up for the elderly, pregnant, or handicapped? Life should not be a chore, nor should human decency. No one specific thing has started this rant, but doesn't anyone miss this? I don't know, maybe it's wishful thinking. Maybe I am part of the wrong generation.

Sorry that there's no joke. I've been studying all day. No laughing allowed while torturing my brain.

No comments: