3.05.2008

The colors of the rainbow are so pretty in the sky...

I spilled ALL of my chocolate chips in lecture today. Brower Lunch was less than satisfying, so I grabbed my chocolate chips to snack on during class. If you go into Scott Hall 135, second row from the back on the left hand side, there is a pile of chocolate chips and my sanity? Dignity? Who knows. The guy behind me laughed and my stomach growled loudly. Blargh!

Lecture today was on childhood and how it effects our brains. I believe I've never left childhood. Not in the sense that "I'm a kid at heart", because I am, but in the sense that I'm always willing. I've noticed that as people grow older they lose that sense of adventure, the willingness to experiment with new things. People become so set in their ways, and who wants to live like that? The spontaneity of life should be fully embraced at all times, not just in childhood. I don't know, maybe it's silly of me to want to always be able to drop everything and change my life's direction, but it's how I am.

My mother calls me a free-spirit, I don't get it. Apparently she had a 5 year plan at my age, and she doesn't get how I can't even plan my day out. I like the not knowing where I'm going next. I will forever be entertained by my life, through the good and the bad. I'm like those people in the 12-step programs, except I'm not addicted to anything, I take everything one day at a time. No rush, no fuss, just fun and laugher.

No comments: